Wednesday, August 3, 2011

" Pendrills " - Weekly Challenge #33

The Diva is right on top of things!  The day after Zentangle® (Maria & Rick) announced and demonstrated a new "official" Zentangle-tangle, Laura scooped it up and presented it in this week's challenge.  She says:  "I have a few more lovely guest challenges waiting in the wings, but Rick and Maria have given us a new tangle to play with!  You can find the directions for this new tangle here.  It took me a few tries, but if you give it those few tries - this tangle starts to take on a life of it's own, winding and twisting through the tile.   Where will it take you?"

It's funny, but I noticed Maria using this tangle in a few of her pieces over the past week or two.  I found it so fascinating that I copied it... (or, I should say, I penned lines in my art journal and, with great effort, tried to interpret how this mysterious tangle was constructed).  "Deconstruction" of patterns/designs/tangles was a main theme of the Zentangle Master Class last summer....  (fabulous learning experience!) ... and that class prepared me well!  (... and they thought I wasn't paying attention!!)

And I will admit that, when I practiced Pendrills, my (steps of) deconstruction was almost 'right on target' to that which was demonstrated in the Zentangle Newsletter.  I am one happy tangler!  

Traditional Zentangle - "Pendrills" - 3.5" sq. tile;  Sakura Micron #'s 01 & 005, black and brown;  graphite pencil
Thank you for visiting.
Happy tangling!
~

9 comments:

  1. Tricia, nice job. It's always fun to figure out a puzzle....find an answer. Keep on tanglin' m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, Tricia, I love the stripey part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Tricia, love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done! LOVE how the striped pieces pop...and the touch of color is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where's that *Like* button when you need it? Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! I especially like the border at the top. Really nice job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to write a comment!